HEARTBURN: As per the name HEARTBURN it does not related to the heart diseases. Heartburn is the unwanted burning sensation or uncomfortable warm produced besides the breast bone near by the chest area or upper abdominal area. It is also known as pyrosis or acid indigestion.
CAUSE: It is mainly caused by the production of gastric acid. Gastric juice is released by the stomach for the digestion of food. This juice some times reflux back to the esophagus due to unproper closing of the lower esophageal sphincter(present at the joining of the stomach and esophagus) and cause the burning sensation to the esophageal lining.
Apart from this there are certain things which also plays a major role in the relaxation of lower esophageal sphincter which leads to heartburn.
• Citrus fruits like as oranges
• High fat meals
• Smoking and alcohol
• Lack of rest and sleep
• chocolate and caffeinated products
• Obesity etc.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOM: Heartburn is not primarily a disease, it is the symptoms for the gastro esophageal reflux disease(GRED).
• Burning sensation to the throat.
• Sometimes chronic cough.
• A taste of sourness near the throat regions.
• Feeling of back flow of food from the stomach.
• Increase in pain during bending or lying down activity.
• Food sticking sensation between the chest.
• Swallowing difficulty