If you have a workout routine that can be done right at home, there is no excuse to start burning those calories especially when you need not burn any cash. With only one third of an hour being spent on it, and you needing only one chair as a prop, you are good to go.
Some instructions: You will need to start by warming up with some light cardio and do each set of exercises twice, simply taking a minute break when you finish one complete circuit.
The first circuit: Step up:
- Take a sturdy chair and put the left foot in the middle of the seat.
- Step on to the chair and put the right knee up and forward
- Lower back by landing the foot gently
- Do the whole thing with the other leg, which is two steps.
- Do 20 steps
*In case the chair is too high, start with something lower in height.
- Put the hands under the shoulders with fingers wide
- Breathe in and bend elbows and breathe out when you straighten them. Keep elbows close to the body when you bend
- Do 15 pushups and if in the beginning you find it difficult keep knees on floor.
- Stand straight with feet together and then take a step frontwards with the left leg
- Lower the hips towards the ground and bend the knees with the back knee close but not touching the floor.
- Do one with the left leg and bring it back to start pose and then do the left one. Both legs consist of one rep and you need to do 20 of them.
- Stand with feet apart and arms at sides
- Do a squat and then jump as if you are trying to touch the ceiling.
- When you come back to ground, bring body into squat pose to finish one rep
- Jump with the foot not the toes.
- Complete 15 repetitions.
The second circuit Two: Triceps Dips:
- Pose with hands that are apart at shoulder width on a stable chair.
- Position the booty in front of the chair and keep your legs bent and place feet apart on the floor.
- Straighten arms and then bend the elbows to keep the triceps to keep them tense and keeps it away from the elbow joints.
- Bend elbows slowly and lower the torso towards the ground till arms come to a right angle, Keep back closer to the bench
- Press with hands to push to straighten to start pose. Do 15 repetitions.
Leg lift with elbow plank:
- Start with the elbow plank and lift the right foot almost 6 inches off the floor. Hold this pose for 5 counts and lower leg.
- Do the same thing with the other leg
- Do this with alternate legs for 1 minute.
- Stand with back up against the wall with feet at a position of two feet out in the front direction and the feet should be apart about hip distance
- Bend the knees and slide the back along the wall till knees at right angles. Knees should be above the ankle joints. Don’t let the knees sag towards one another
- Hold this pose for half a minute
- Lie down on the floor with the lower back pressed to the floor.
- Put arms behind the head
- Bring the knees towards the chest and then lift shoulder blades off the floor but do not pull the neck
- Straighten the right leg to about half a right angle to the floor. While doing this turn the upper body to the left side and bring right elbow to the left knee.
- Switch over to the other side and repeat. You need to do this slowly and deliberately up to 10 repetitions.
Circuit Three: Side Plank:
- Sit on left side with legs bent and feet stacked
- Place the left hand about one feet from the pelvis
- Push hand into the floor and then straighten the legs as you push your pelvis upwards.
- Hold for half a minute and then do the other side